Last Updated: May 22, 2018
Dani Frederick of Dani Claire owns daniclaire.com and all of its content. It is Dani Claire's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information I may collect while operating this website.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide
I collect information you provide directly to me. For example, I collect information when you subscribe to my newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with me via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with me.
The types of information I may collect include:
- Your name and email address so I can deliver my newsletter to you - you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to me in my mailing list contact form.
- Billing information including your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address). You consent to this when you place an order with me through Etsy or Squarespace.
- Your name and email address if you complete my contact form.
Information I Collect Automatically
When you access or use my Services, I may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Information collected by Etsy. To fulfill your order from one of my Etsy shops, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example) if you contact me directly.
- Information collected by Google Analytics on searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to me for marketing purposes and for improving my services.
- Information Collected by Cookies: I and my service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help me improve my services and your experience, see which areas and features of my services are popular, and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Rights” below.
- Information collected by Mailchimp on emails you open, links you click, IP address, and location. Again, this is helpful to me for marketing purposes and for improving my services.
Cookies may be sent to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of my services. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing this website. I may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the website may not work properly or at all.
USE OF INFORMATION
I may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and promote my products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Dani Claire and others, and provide news and information I think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with my services;
- Personalize and improve my services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information I get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
I am based in the United States and the information I collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using my services or otherwise providing information to me, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, I cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, comments on my Facebook page, comments on my Instagram posts, etc.).
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on my behalf, such as my production partners;
- With trusted third parties such as my newsletter provider in order to contact you via email;
- With my merchant accounts to process payments;
- In response to a request for information if I believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If I believe your actions are inconsistent with my user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Dani Claire or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of my business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
Dani Claire may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on my services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Dani Claire takes reasonable measures to protect the personal information you provide from misuse, disclosure, or unauthorized access. I only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While I make every effort to protect your personal information shared with me through this site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with me through this site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that I am not responsible for any intercepted information shared through this site without my knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release Dani Claire and Dani Frederick from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner. Should there be a data breach of which I am aware, I will inform you using the contact information you consented to provide me upon signing up for my mailing list or purchasing a product from my website.
NO SPAM POLICY
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
I will link to other websites on my website if I believe they provide helpful information in your artistic journey, that I think you will find interesting, or the content linked is relevant to a blog post, question, comment, etc. I have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company, or entity whose website or materials may be linked to my website or its content, and thus I cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use, and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
You may review, correct, or modify information maintained by me at any time by emailing me at hello(at)daniclaire(dot)com. Note that some information you provide through Dani Claire may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through this website) and that I may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. I may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of Dani Claire Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from me by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails or by sending an email to hello(at)daniclaire(dot)com. If you opt out, I may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
HOW TO CONTACT ME